Tuesday, January 15, 2008

ain't it high time we went.....

I was enjoying my couple of days of R & R, just me and the 'Girl' (who most of you would know as TahLula Belle). Jocelyn was away in New York (or as us southerners would call it ' The Great White North'), and I had plenty of free time and no agenda.

Whew! What a few days it was.

I was called in for an interview, for a new job I am going after. Took my road test and physical (I'm a truck driver). At least that's what I enjoy doing.

I also spent plenty of 'quality down time' in my recliner, also with the Girl stretched across the footrest.

I also spent many enjoyable moments meandering around various Christian music sites. There's really a lot of good stuff out there. And I told some of these good folks I'd like to play their music on our station.

But alas, my heart is burdened. Let me expound....

I came across an artist on one of these Christian music sites, who proudly proclaims that he plays on Saturdays for a contemplative prayer service at a large denominational church.

It really tore me up when I read this on this artist's page. I know the contemplative and the prophetic movements are the fastest growing movements in the churches today. If you didn't know, they have infiltrated all denominations, including the Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Episcopalian, Church of God, Assemblies of God, so on, and so on....

It is what is known as the great falling away.

This Is the End Times in which we are living.

Wasn't it Grace Slick and Marty Balin who cried for a revolution, back in the 60's? I think it's high time we went!

What ever happened to letting the Holy Spirit guide us in making music for Jesus?

Why do we have to get our influences from the world?

Why do we have to make our music sound just like what the world wants to hear?

God told us that we were to be a 'peculiar people,' to become seperate from the world. Doesn’t that mean that our music and singing would /should be different from the world.

Why do most major Christian recording artists sound just like some secular artist?

Why have we left our first love and gone whoring after something we don't need?

Does this person know they are involved in something that could lead others or himself to lose their very soul?

Let us Pray...

No comments: